Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The power of news titles

Don't know how these journalists come up with such powerful titles evoking all this imagery
for example just read this : Marines Push Toward Iraq's Syrian Border

very interesting read the whole article , I found this sentence particularly telling

"Gunmen kidnapped Anbar's governor Tuesday morning and told his family he would be released only when U.S. forces withdrew from Qaim [...] Lt. Col. Steven Boylan, a spokesman for U.S. forces in Iraq, said: "We don't respond to insurgent or terrorist demands"

My comment : of course they don't ( stupid) the hostage is not American his life does not count ..collateral damage .

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Hey damascene..never mind about mistaking my name,no big deal..
By the way..I activated my blog fillededamas.nomadlife.org so it should be fine now :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you Catherine , I will make it one of my regular spots !